Commercial cleaning services are designed for various business establishments, each with its own requirements and goals. Commercial cleaning is different from residential or domestic cleaning, wherein the scope and coverage are much smaller: bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms, kitchens, and bathrooms that less than ten people use. With commercial cleaning, many factors are magnified: the floor area that needs to be mopped and polished, public restrooms that serve hundreds of people each day, glass windows that span multiple floors, etc.
But beyond the broader scope and workload involved, commercial cleaning services address various cleaning needs depending on the nature of a business. Office cleaning services cannot meet the needs of a hospital, for example, or a restaurant. As such, commercial cleaning companies need to tailor their services to specific industries.
Commercial Cleaning Services: Business Industries
The best industrial cleaning and disinfecting companies understand the needs of each establishment and determine the right combination of services and products that will achieve the standards the business needs to uphold. Below are some industry-specific examples of different commercial cleaning services:
- Auto Dealerships – These businesses have vast showrooms with concrete or tiled floors that must be pristine. Otherwise, they will distract from the beauty of the vehicles on display. Also, dealerships typically have very high ceilings, making them challenging to illuminate. Polished marble or tiled floors help enhance the indoor lighting by reflecting the overhead lights, ensuring that the cars are well-lit and appealing from every angle. Commercial cleaners have the tools and equipment to make all that happen.
- Daycare & Preschools – Children deserve a clean space to play and learn all day safely. Daycare centers and preschools are responsible for ensuring their premises are free from hygiene hazards such as bacteria and viruses. Young children are vulnerable to most viruses that cause influenza, respiratory problems, and other diseases. JAN-PRO Cleaning & Disinfecting helps these businesses by providing hospital-grade disinfecting services that eliminate 99.9 percent of bacteria.
- Schools & Universities – Unkept, messy surroundings, and poor air quality can disrupt students’ ability to focus on their studies. Schools and universities have open-air and air-conditioned classrooms, each with different cleaning requirements. While janitors can do a surface cleaning on the regular, professional cleaners will be needed for scheduled deep-cleaning and disinfection.
- Banks – Financial institutions have reputations to uphold, and maintaining a clean and pristine establishment is one way to ensure that. The smallest details matter: customers choose banks that make them feel secure and confident about entrusting their money. An unhygienic lobby sends the wrong message: if a bank cannot keep its premises clean, can it manage more significant responsibilities? A commercial cleaning company can help ensure banks uphold their reputation and provide an attractive environment for their clients.
- Restaurants and Food Establishments – Cleanliness and hygiene are paramount in food establishments, especially post-COVID. One out of three diners says enhanced cleanliness and safety protocols are prerequisites for dining-in, and 55 percent of customers are willing to pay up to 50 percent more to know about a food outlet’s safety and cleanliness guidelines for food preparation and transport. Additionally, 45 percent of customers say they’re unlikely to return to a food place that had a previous food safety incident.
- Fitness Centers – Gyms, yoga classes, and fitness centers provide exercise equipment that everybody uses. Hence, the demand for cleanliness in fitness centers is high. Hiring professional commercial cleaners to disinfect the entire place, including each piece of equipment, makes a big difference.
- Retail Stores – An excellent first impression is crucial for boutique stores and big-box retailers. Keeping their premises clean ensures that the customers’ focus is on the merchandise. But if customers discover that the area is not regularly cleaned, these details can overshadow the good parts of the business. Retail stores should consider hiring professional commercial cleaners to prevent customers from getting a negative impression (and sharing it with their friends).
- Industrial and Manufacturing Facilities – The challenge with cleaning industrial and manufacturing facilities is that they sometimes deal with dangerous substances and waste materials that are difficult to remove using typical cleaning products and tools. Grime, oil spills, chemical spills, corrosion, and residue on ceilings and walls require a professional team to rid a facility of these wastes. But more than maintaining cleanliness, hiring the best industrial cleaning and disinfecting companies is also crucial to ensure safety. Consider liquid spills: they can cause accidents and product contamination. If a toxic substance is involved, calling an experienced commercial cleaning company is necessary.
- Medical Facilities – What do commercial cleaning services offer to benefit healthcare facilities? Assistance in meeting hygiene standards and regulations, for one thing. The cleanliness standards for hospitals, dental clinics, and other medical facilities are much higher and regulated. Large and well-funded medical institutions can afford to hire and train full-time custodians, but smaller practices may not have the luxury. The latter’s best option is to hire a cleaning company that provides hospital-grade cleaning and disinfecting services. The health and safety of the patients are worth the expense.
- Religious Facilities – Many people go to their place of worship daily to attend services. Many worshipers come straight from work, such as hospitals, construction sites, factories, restaurant kitchens, offices, schools, etc. With the help of professional cleaning crews, religious facilities can assure their members of a clean and hygienic place of worship.
- Corporate Offices – Indoor pollution is a big problem in corporate buildings because they are enclosed and rely heavily on HVAC and mechanical ventilation systems. While HVAC companies can take care of the cleaning and maintenance of HVAC equipment, commercial cleaning crews are better equipped to deep-clean and disinfect boardrooms, office pantries, stockrooms, and open-plan offices that span entire floors. Regular office cleaning services can help keep corporate buildings clean and conducive to work.
- Hotels & Resorts – Like in restaurants and medical facilities, cleanliness and hygiene are crucial for attracting customers. A recent survey by the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) revealed that 81 percent of travelers are more comfortable staying in hotels and lodgings with enhanced cleaning and safety protocols.
- Stadiums and Movie Theaters – Cleaning large venues like stadiums is a massive undertaking. Movie theaters, meanwhile, with their immense square footage of porous surfaces like foam cushions, upholstery, carpets, and heavy drapes, present other challenges to cleaning staff. Experienced cleaning crews with well-developed SOPs for cleaning stadium and movie theater seats, among other things, can tidy up and disinfect these places efficiently.
A Clean Business Is Key to Customer Retention
Cleanliness is a key factor in attracting and retaining customers of physical stores and other commercial establishments. A recent survey by the International Council of Shopping Centers asked consumers what would entice them to enter and stay in a physical store, and “frequent cleaning and sanitizing” ranked first, with 66 percent of respondents saying it is one of their requirements.
Customers form opinions about a business when they set eyes on the store. If they find it poorly maintained, they may assume that the products or services are outdated or of low quality. It’s worse for medical facilities and establishments that serve food: cleanliness and hygiene are paramount because the lack thereof could mean serious health repercussions. Results of the Ipsos’s online survey for P&G Professional corroborate this: nine out of ten consumers say they consider cleanliness an essential factor for deciding whether to return to a business establishment or not.
What Do Commercial Cleaning Services Offer?
If you employ janitors full-time, you might think you no longer need to hire a third-party cleaning company. Yes, they can keep your establishment clean daily. However, you will need to call in the professionals once your building shows signs of wear and accumulates dirt that can’t be removed with commercial cleaning products.
So, what do commercial cleaning services offer that your in-house custodial staff might not?
- Sufficient, certified staffing
- Medical-grade cleaning products
- Equipment such as vacuum cleaners designed for industrial cleaning
- Knowledge and expertise in OSHA-compliant cleaning procedures
- Satisfaction guarantees
An established cleaning company has the advantage of specialization – discovering, acquiring, and training with the best cleaning systems for commercial establishments. This is what we offer at JAN-PRO Cleaning & Disinfecting.
Thorough and Efficient Commercial Cleaning in Pleasanton, CA
JAN-PRO Cleaning & Disinfecting is a top-rated commercial cleaning company offering a broad range of commercial cleaning services.
Our cleaning franchises have been in business for over 30 years and have been named the No. 1 Commercial Cleaning company in Entrepreneur’s “Franchise 500 Ranking” for 14 consecutive years. Our cleaning franchisees are excited to show your business to your customers in the best possible light.