Over the past twenty years, microfiber cleaning materials have become indispensable to janitorial cleaning services like JAN-PRO®. Two decades ago, you’d have struggled to find a person who’d even heard of microfiber. Now it plays a crucial role in a range of janitorial cleaning services, from medical cleaning to office cleaning and everything in between.
So, what is microfiber? And why is microfiber used so prominently in janitorial cleaning services?
What Is Microfiber?
Microfiber is a type of synthetic fabric. This fabric is typically made with a combination of polyester and nylon fibers. Microfiber gets its name from the thinness of these fibers, which are more than fifteen times thinner than a human hair.
The first microfibers were manufactured as early as the late 1950s. Over time, different types of microfiber were developed, including some that were perfect for janitorial cleaning services. But it was only in the 1990s that these fabrics started to become affordable and of a high enough quality for common use.
Janitorial cleaning service providers began using microfiber materials in 2001. From the outset, microfiber outperformed traditional cleaning materials in almost every category. In the years since, it’s become the most trusted textile among janitorial cleaning services.
10 Reasons Why JAN-PRO Cleans with Microfiber
Here are ten reasons why microfiber textiles are the go-to cleaning material in JAN-PRO janitorial cleaning services:
- Microfiber packs a one-two punch, with fibers that offer excellent scrubbing power plus extraordinary absorbency.
- Janitorial cleaning services use “split” microfiber fabrics. Splitting the fibers creates tiny grooves in every thread, which are perfect for trapping dirt, dust, oil, grease, debris, and bacteria.
- Microfibers are so tiny and flexible that they easily clean uneven surfaces, getting into all of the dips, divots, and cracks in these surfaces.
- During cleaning, microfibers rub against one another, generating a static charge that helps microfiber attract and retain dirt and other matter.
- Microfiber has an exceptional ability to trap microorganisms, including bacteria. Microfiber mop pads trap 99% of bacteria compared to only 30% trapped by cotton loop mops.
- Microfiber cleans so well on its own that most cleaning jobs can be completed with only water. This means a healthier and more environmentally friendly clean.
- Mops that use microfiber pads are more lightweight than traditional mops. This lowers the risk of injury for cleaners, while also allowing them to work faster.
- Microfiber mop pads are detachable, and can be switched when cleaning different areas. This drastically lowers the risk of cross-contamination. At JAN-PRO, we color-code cloths and mop pads to lower this risk even further.
- The fibers used in microfiber cleaning materials are tough on dirt but gentle on the surfaces being cleaned, meaning you won’t need to worry about glass, plastic, or flooring finishes getting scratched during cleaning.
- By using microfiber cleaning cloths and pads, the amount of cleaning products being used can be decreased limiting the impact on the environment.
Bring the power of microfiber to your workplace! Call 866-355-1064 today to connect with your local JAN-PRO® and request a FREE janitorial cleaning services consultation.