In the world of commercial cleaning, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach. Cleaners need training for different types of businesses, and cleaning plans need to be customized on a site-specific basis. Nowhere is this more important than in medical building cleaning.
It goes without saying that cleaners need specialized training before they work for a medical building cleaning service. But it’s not enough that cleaners are specially trained for healthcare facilities generally. They should also be trained in facility-specific cleaning protocols, preparing them for the unique challenges of cleaning different types of medical buildings.
Facility Protocols in Medical Building Cleaning
Medical building cleaning practices can vary widely from facility to facility. Some of these changes depend on the facility’s size, its layout, environmental conditions, and other factors. But many of the most important changes depend on what type of facility is being cleaned.
Some of the different types of healthcare facilities covered by medical building cleaning services include:
- Doctors’ offices
- Walk-in clinics
- Surgical centers
- Nursing homes
- Dental clinics
- Optometrist offices
Each of these facilities come with unique sanitation concerns and challenges. As such, it’s critical that cleaners are trained in facility-specific protocols.
If your cleaning provider takes a one-size-fits-all approach to medical building cleaning, the results could be less than ideal. Cleaners might not know how clean certain types of equipment in your facility or specific areas within your building. Likewise, they might use the wrong types of disinfectant, failing to address site-specific bacterial or viral concerns. This can put cleaners, staff, and patients at risk.
When cleaning services adopt facility-specific protocols, they ensure proper cleaning methods are used in your medical facility. Cleaners will be familiar with the equipment you use, the specialized areas within your facility, and which methods are best for treating bacterial and viral risks in your facility. This ensures a healthier and safer facility.
MedMetrix® Medical Building Cleaning & Disinfection
At JAN-PRO®, we’ve long championed the need for facility-specific protocols in the field of medical building cleaning. Our MedMetrix® cleaning process includes detailed training and guidelines for the cleaning of various types of healthcare facilities, including hospitals, doctors’ offices, dental clinics, and more.
In addition to facility-specific protocols, MedMetrix® offers a wealth of further advantages:
- Our MedMetrix® process is designed to meet or exceed all CDC, OSHA, AORN, and Joint Commission standards, keeping your facility fully compliant with all regulatory standards.
- Our cleaners use non-irritating cleaning agents and disinfectants where possible, which improves air quality by reducing VOCs.
- We also train our cleaners in methods that reduce the overall volume of cleaning agent used, further decreasing VOCs within your facility.
- Air quality is further improved through the use of ProTeam® HEPA-filtration vacuums, which boast approval from the American Lung Association.
- We use microfiber cleaning cloths and flat mops, which are proven to clean surfaces and reduce bacteria counts more effectively than any other type of cleaning material.
- Our EnviroShield® disinfection system uses ionizing technology to wrap disinfectant around treated surfaces, making it possible to disinfect hard-to-reach areas.
- EnviroShield® uses a specialized disinfectant, which produces zero toxic fumes or residues, yet safely eliminates a wide spectrum of bacteria and viruses, including Salmonella enterica, Staphylococcus aureus, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Human Immunodeficiency Virus, and Hepatitis B Virus.
Every JAN-PRO owner-operator participates in MedMetrix® training as part of the JAN-PRO Signature Clean® certification. You can rely on your local JAN-PRO to deliver the cleaning and disinfection services that your facility needs.
Learn more about the JAN-PRO approach to medical building cleaning and request a FREE estimate by calling us today at 866-355-1064.